about the UKlC
The UKLC is the pinnacle of UK league of legends, showcasing and nurturing the top UK teams and esports talent. The logo itself sets the standard: built around a tower that traces back to the iconic British castles of old, it represents our teams’ climb to national and continental glory. It is the symbol for our players’ fight to declare themselves champions.
UKLC Summer 2021 details
- £5,000 awarded to teams and players participating
- 8 Teams competing in Double Round Robin best of one
- Roster Lock: May 26th
- First day of play: June 6th
- Playoffs: July 25th - July 26th
- Relegation Series: August 30th - September 6th
Competing in the UKLC
To compete in the UKLC a team must win a spot through the relegation series hosted at the end of each split taking place during spring and summer. UKLC has a partnership with the UKEL, The UK esports league, where the teams compete to reach the UKLC.
With the new Northern European Ecosystem that means that there will be spots for two new teams to enter into the UKLC.
In the future there will be a promotion / relegation in the system in the same framework as the NLC. The amount of teams entering / relegating through the UKLC in the future will be set every season depending on teams relegating through the NLC, and being promoted out of the UKLC. The UKLC will always feature eight teams.
Stage 1: Open Qualifiers (Top 3 teams advance to Closed Qualifiers)
- Participation: Open Signups
- Dates: Jun 4 - 5
- Format and Signups: Read qualifier info post here
Stage 2: Closed Qualifiers (Top 2 teams advance to UKLC)
- Participation: 3 teams from the Open Qualifiers, 5 organization invited via other UK based tournaments
- 3 slots for the UKEL top 3 teams
- 1 slot for NSE winner
- 1 slot for NUEL winner
- Should any of these organizations not wish to participate or be unable to field a roster, an additional slot will be awarded to the open qualifier
- Dates: Jun 6 - 7
- Format: 8 teams compete. Read qualifier info post here
The closed qualifier will be officially broadcast by DreamHack.
Official Summer Rulebook
£5,000 awarded to teams and players
For teams who reach the playoffs:
- 1st - £1,500
- 2nd - £1,000
- 3/4th - £700
- 3/4th - £700
For teams that do not reach the playoffs:
- 5th - £500
- 6th - £350
- 7th - £250